Time & Location
Aug 20, 2022, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM MDT
Layton, 1261 E 300 N, Layton, UT 84040, USA
About the event
In this in person/hands on class we will discuss and show you what your hive should look like by the end of fall getting ready for winter as we inspect the hive with you. We will go over the following:
- Varroa mites and what we use to treat them and when to use it, along with testing for mites.
- Should you feed them and if so when?
- What weight should you aim for before it gets too cold?
- What configuration should your hive look like as we enter fall?
- Check the overall health of the hive.
- When should I reduce my hive entrance?
- Should I be worried about robbing/wasps?
Items to bring:
-Note taking material
Let us work together while helping our bees stay healthy and give them the best chance to overwinter. We hope to see you soon!